Sunday 3 February 2013

Ask yourself better questions



Instead of seeking answers, sometimes we question ourselves only to reinforce our beliefs.  “Why can I never find a good relationship?”, and “Why am I so fat?” are examples of questions where our mind will happily provide us with many useless and self-defeating options.  Ask yourself a question that offers an opportunity for a negative answer, and that is the answer you’ll get.

Better to ask yourself questions that force a positive, or at least different, response.  “How can I lose 10kg in the next few months, and have fun doing it?” will open up an array of different possibilities.  Likewise, “how can I find a partner who shares my values and is interested in a long-term relationship?”.

Ask better questions, get better answers, and enjoy a change in mindset.


PS on a different level, you don’t know what you’ve asked until you hear the answer

No comments:

Post a Comment